Saturday, February 6, 2010

I really am going to sew...

Well, I decided to reopen the Etsy shop to try to bring in a bit of extra cash. Then, I found StalkShop and decided to open one there as well. It's new and still really small but it has huge potential so I'm going for it.
Now comes the change of plans....a family issue has reoccurred. My MIL has come to stay with us for a while. She will be moving in with my SIL but since SIL is in the process of a state to state move MIL will be with us for a while. SIL is expecting so she has to get moved, settled and ready for her son to arrive before MIL can move in with her. What a mess!

I don't mind a bit that she's staying here...she seems much more relaxed and I know DH feels better about her care. She pretty much does for herself but her communication is still difficult. Still she's already doing better. She wasn't overly thrilled about coming but realized it was for the best. I don't want her to feel like a burden...she's not. I feel better being able to see how she's doing since I tend to be the one dealing with her meds and such.

I think the biggest issue she has about being here is that she feel like she's in the way. I know it bothered her when we rearranged the house and gave her our bedroom. We just moved our stuff upstairs into the sewing room and I crammed it all in the closet for now. :)

I'm noticing a lot about her abilities and issues. She's not using her right arm at all and the hip is a bit achy. Still, her "non-cooperative" right side doesn't slow her down that much. :) We've tweaked her daily meds and she seems to be feeling better. I'm not sure how much of that is the med changes and how much is just getting out of the situation she was in. Either way she's doing better now.

It's nice for her to get to spend more time with DH, the kids & me. She hasn't been able to for quite a while now. Her being here also lets me be sure that she's not over or under medicated and that she's eating better.

Anyway, that's slowing down the sewing I was going to do. I figure I'm going to sew some to de-stress then I'll go back to cleaning and rearranging and de-cluttering this teeny tiny house. Life handed me a bag of lemons and I'm determined to make some sweet lemonade one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment