Monday, February 15, 2010

Diaper Pictures

I promised earlier that I'd post a picture or 2 of the new diapers...so here they are!

Later Gator cotton knit outer-super popular print
Photobucket

Cotton velour inner-gives a dry feeling & absorbency
Later Gator Dipe

I love the way this came out even though I rarely serge diapers. I usually prefer a turned & topstitched look but this was mainly for fit/sizing so serging was faster.

I am also loving how much stretch the knits give. For some reason I've never made a fully knit fabric diaper. I'm not sure why but I'm so glad I did. This will fit him for ages! There is so much stretch and flexibility with the plus they wash & dry so quickly since they are pocket dipes. We're using a wool cover and these are bullet-proof-NO LEAKS!! His disposables (ewww!) are now causing rashes and still leak even though they are a "quality" brand and made for kids his size. We're going back to cloth full time as soon as I get more made. No more paper undies! After all we don't wear them, why should our kids?

1 comment:

  1. I had not tried knits before either, but I am loving them too. It's all about the stretch!!

    ReplyDelete