Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ahhh....too much stress!

Oh the stress of new adjustments. They simply stink! Especially for someone like me who's a bit OCD. (DD's asperger's isn't a helping either...bless her heart.)

It's such a change to have MIL here full time. DH is all about making her feel welcome and at home (as am I) but he doesn't realize how he's making us feel in the process. (Let's just say it isn't so welcome much of the time.) It's just hard for him to see her deteriorate so much and I'm doing my best to be understanding and trying to help DD understand. Our little house is too little sometimes and there is no where to "get away" for a few minutes. Having 2 people who are pretty disabled is very challenging and the snow isn't helping.

We're trying to find things for MIL to do so she can keep some independance but there just isn't much and she's refusing to do much but stay in bed and sleep. I know we'll figure it out. It just takes time. I would really like for her to stay here until after SIL has had her baby and a week or so to bond & enjoy being a new mom. She's going to have enough to adjust to before her mom comes to stay with her. We'll see I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for all this stress. I hope things get better for you soon. Take care!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete