Saturday, March 21, 2009

Blended diet again

Well we've been working into more blended foods for the last few days and Boo is finally starting to perk up. I also found out about a blended formula. It's called Compleat and is from Nestle now. It's one of those formulas that either works well for you or not at all. I think we're gonna try it though. It's made from real food rather than sugar water with powdered milk and a multivitamin. It's got to be better that what we're doing now. I really just want it for when I can't use the blended stuff (when we're out or I'm sick). I understand that we'll probably need a different kind of pump because it's pretty thick. I don't use the pump much and more but we need if for when Daddy or my parent need to do the feeds. It makes it much easier for them to be sure to get the right amounts in him. I'm still looking into our options but I really want the "sugar water" stuff out of our lives. I mean really, would you feed your typical child nothing but sugar water and a multi-vitamin? I know I wouldn't so why should a medically fragile child, who needs the best nutrition to be healthy, have to live on that stuff? Nikolas is also working on oral feeds as well so this just makes sense. I can do his oral stuff then blend it down more to go through the tube. Viola-healthy & happy little man!
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment