Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stupid sore foot....

OK, it IS my fault that it's sore and bruised. I admit that. I'll even admit I knew that I have to pay close attention when I take both dogs for a walk (but I did need to shut the front door).  However, I had no idea a foot could hurt like this for this long!

I saw the orthopedist today. We're going to have to do the MRI. This silly foot should be so much better than it is. I'm back to no weight bearing at all and still on pain meds. I've got classes and finals for the next 2 weeks so I just can't stay off it. I'm making as many modifications as I can but I'm the mom of a child with very unique needs. He can't do for himself so I have to do it. My wonderful husband is caring for our son most of the time but sometimes the little guy just needs his mommy...and I just need to hold him while I still can. (He's growing like a weed!)

I also turned in the paperwork for financial aid with the hospital. We were supposed to have an answer by today for the follow-up with the ortho. They decided to file all the paperwork away and not process it because I have insurance. Well the biggest problem there is that we DON'T have insurance and haven't for a few years now. I also reminded them of that when I took the paperwork in to the billing office.  *sigh*  Well they did get back to the doctor's office with my fee for the MRI. I have to pay a portion upfront then they'll decide how much, if any, to write off and set up payment arrangements for the rest.

I really must thank our Lord for this not being worse than it is and even more for my wonderful parents who are loaning me a credit card to put the co-pays on so the interest is lower than the company the hospital uses. God blessed me with a wonderful family who is taking really good care of me and my special kids.

Sorry this is all over the place. I needed to get it out and I'm sitting here all loopy from the Norco I'm taking. This stuff is worse than the Tea Cups at Disney World!

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you still have your sense of humor!!!
    I am so happy you have your family to help you!
    I know without mine we would be lost sometimes!
    Take care!
    If there is anything I can do, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete