Friday, March 18, 2011

MRI results

They could definitely have been better. It seems that I have a crush injury to the talus bone of my foot. To put that in simpler terms...I squashed the bone in the inner part of my foot that my leg bones rest on. It's apparently more complicated than I thought. The biggest fear is bone death since that bone has a poor blood supply. If that happens then it's definite surgery. I'm to be completely non-weight bearing...no standing, no sewing with that foot no weight of any kind on the foot for another 4 weeks. In mid-April we'll x-ray it again. If the bone or tissues are dying we'll be able to see it, if not then we'll re-evaluate how things are going. I may still end up having surgery but it will be less likely if there is no bone death.

I'm going to try some sewing with my computerized machine to see if I can do it. I have my final exams this week and then off for spring break. The new quarter starts April 4 and I have 3 night classes. They are only 1 night each so I'm hoping that I can do this. I really don't want to get any farther behind in this program. *sigh*

Have a relaxing weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment