Saturday, February 26, 2011

Almost broken foot...

Well last weekend I decided to take a walk with both dogs before I started some Spring Cleaning. The coon dog unexpectedly got "locked" on something and bolted. Neither me nor the other dog were expecting it or prepared. I ended up with a possible broken foot and some seriously sore muscles.

We ended up at the Priority Care. They ignored all injuries except the purple swollen foot-they did x-ray it. The x-rays were inconclusive since there is a chipped bone in my ankle and we couldn't position my foot well due to pain & swelling. We're pretty sure the chip is old from when I broke it 14 years ago. We're going with the diagnosis...severe sprain/strain now. The upside is that I ended up with a lovely air cast walking boot instead of a traditional cast.
I still have numbness in my thumb and forearm that hasn't been addressed so I'm going to see the chiropractor this week to be realign my spine and "un-tweek" what I jarred out of place when I fell.

Needless to say there has been no college, no sewing, and no spring cleaning going on here and there won't be for a while. The orthopedist says anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months for healing. *sigh* I'm already so bored.

1 comment:

  1. Suzanne, I am so sorry you almost broke your foot.
    I just hate that for you. I hope you have a fast recovery!

    ReplyDelete