Sunday, February 6, 2011

"For A Cure" 3 very important words-that need to be shared

Generally I don't get into all the messes of other's lives. I have enough drama here. However, this has come to my attention and it really saddens and bothers me. Apparently "for a cure" is not for use by any one but The Komen Foundation.  ??? I understand the "pink" thing but they are suing an Atlanta Mito group who used the phrase. Ummm Mito is marked by a GREEN ribbon with the word "MITO" on or under it. We aren't taking ANY funds from The Komen Foundation.

Charity Brawl:Nonprofits aren't so generous when a name's at stake

I honestly want a cure for breast cancer! I have friends and family members who have or have had this horrible disease. That said, there are a LOT of diseases that need a cure. There are many non-profits looking "for a cure" for their chosen disease. I am VERY DESPERATELY looking "for a cure" for Mitochondrial Disease. It is slowly, painfully KILLING MY SON!! It will continue to devastate the lives of families who watch their young child wither away and are unable to even provide comfort. There are no treatments for Mito. There is no cure for Mito.

Breast cancer has had so much publicity that there are now treatments and even cures for some forms. Share the wealth please. Most people don't even know Mito exists much less what it is. I personally think that Susan Komen would be very saddened by this waste of funds for lawsuits over the use of 3 very important words used in the life of many with other life threatening or life altering diseases. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment