Monday, February 23, 2009

SOPO for Nikolas!

I finally got a few minutes to sew for my son! YEA!!! I made him one of the new KCK One SOPO's in a size 3. SOPO stands for "snap on pull off". It's basically like a pull up in cloth. I used a donated green pul and a cute dinosaur flannel fabric that I had. I did put the welt pocket in the back. I think this one ran a bit big but we all know how fast kids grow and my little guy is in a growth spurt as we speak. I really like the way these go together and the fit is pretty nice too. I added the hidden center soaker but only did 1 strip of ZORB and 2 layers of hemp fleece. That's only minimal coverage and not enough for a child like him which is one of the reason I put the pocket in the back. I want something that looks more like real undies for school and I can add an insert to get the coverage we need. Plus when he outgrows these I can donate them and another mama will get to decide how much she wants in case her little one is potty training. Yes, I still call it potty TRAINING-"potty learning" is silly if you ask me. I'm only for the "PC" stuff if it's reasonable and makes sense. Too many people are getting carried away with the silly stuff. Besides if you read the Bible it tells us to train up our children....it's a form of teaching. Getting off the soapbox now... ;D

Here are a few pictures of the final product. The first picture is the front, then the back (I added a KCK label but didn't need too) and the third is the inside.
I think it came out pretty nice and I'm planning to do several more when I finish the custom orders I've got waiting on me.

Nikolas & Mikayla are both sick so between them and the customs I'm just waiting for a few free minutes for "me" time. I'm glad sewing is relaxing for me...uh oh, breathing treatment time again....I'll post more both blogs later. Bye!









No comments:

Post a Comment