Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

Well, it's Saturday 2/14/09 and I'm starting a personal/family blog so I can separate my work related things from the personal ones so here goes.
I always make some kind of special dinner for my hubby on Valentine's Day. First, because it's my gift to him and secondly, because eating out in nearly impossible between the cost, the time, and getting a sitter for the kids. Besides he prefers it since he's rather "anti-social" and really (honestly) likes my cooking. This year I cheated a bit.
For our anniversary last year we went to The Melting Pot compliments of my sister (she gave us a gift card for Christmas & we held on to it for a few months). That place is awesome!! I don't eat seafood so he got all the lobster-and had to give me some more of the filet mignon in return.
This year Gracie and I decided we should do that for our special family dinner today. (Jim & I include the kids in most of the special Valentine's things.) Well I spent a fortune-I mean we could have gone to the Melting Pot for what I spent-but I got filet mignon, lobster tail, chicken, pork, broccoli, portebella mushroom, good wine & veggie stock, the works! I precut everything last night and then "let" him cook at the table. Actually, he's a really good cook but just doesn't do it often. Plus, it was so nice to not have to cook for a change. We all ate way too much but I'm not watching that today. Boo wasn't very happy since he couldn't have what was on my plate but I put him on his mat in the living room and gave him a toy. That was good enough for him. It's so nice how "easy to please" he is.
The rest of the day wasn't as relaxing-Mom ended up in the ER at Community North because of her pneumonia, Crys had to work and her "other person" decided to try to earn some brownie-points by doing things he promised to do 6-12 months ago. Gracie is having a rough time all around and needs to go back on her medication but doesn't want to so we're fussing back and forth about that and to top it all off her starting puberty is driving me NUTS! How do you deal with an Aspie who's starting puberty?!?
All in all though it was a pretty good day. After all we're healthy, at home, and still together.

No comments:

Post a Comment