Friday, April 8, 2011

Wednesday night Spanish class

WOW!!! I knew this would be my hardest class but OH MY!!! There is absolutely NO English spoken in class. Ummm I'm already behind since I didn't get to take the 2nd grammar class so I don't know all the basics yet. Thankfully Christine Stone is a very patient & wonderful instructor. She wants us to use our dictionary to work out our questions in Spanish and she'll correct us as needed. This way we really learn the language and how to speak it. We also focus on proper pronunciation so I will be able to understand (somewhat anyway) and speak to my patients/clients who are Hispanic.
When class started last night I got so anxious that I didn't know if I wanted to pass out or throw up, lol. I can't imagine how much I'm going to have to catch up on if I end up having surgery on this stupid foot injury. We only meet 1 night a week for 4 hours and our grade is based on participation. You MUST try to speak to get any points and they are 35% of your grade. It will all be worth it in the end though so I will pass both the Tuesday night & Wednesday night classes with decent grades. (Yes I have another 4hr Spanish class too.) I will be taking the "missing" grammar class over the summer and then I will have a certificate in Occupational Medical Spanish. I don't know if I'll go back into Medical Assisting but it will be nice to have it anyway. Besides, you never know, I may get Spanish speaking massage clientele. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment