Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our "Volunteer" Garden

I usually have a pretty decent garden in the backyard but this year I just didn't have time to get it going. It's about 8ft x 12ft so we get a decent crop with room to move inside.

I did go out and weed in and put Preen down in late April but that was the last time I did much there. Well, this week I went out to see what was there since Jim told me that a few tomato plants came up again and I should cage them so he didn't mow over them. They "volunteered" to come back on their own so I didn't have to buy more this year, lol!

The weeds were awful!


I saw a few tomatoes and some dill so I figured I'd clear out the jungle growing there and bring the potted garden out back for better sun.


 
Surprise!!



There were about 15 tomato plants and 3 bell pepper plants. I left about 10 tomatoes and the bell peppers plus planted the potted ones from the front.



It's going to be a very nice harvest this year after all.





No comments:

Post a Comment