Sunday, July 19, 2009

Surgery is scheduled

Grrrrr...well, Boo is having exploratory shunt surgery on Wednesday. The neurosurgeon & I are pretty sure it's not the shunt but we need to be positive since that's the "easy" fix. If all is well there then the case kicks back to the new neurologist and she gets to try to figure out what's wrong and why we are having all these issues. Don't you just hate it when you can't figure out what's going on with your child!!! Oh, and the sleep study results came back but the doctor didn't give them to me. They sent them to Dr. H and will have her do it. What's up with that? We haven't seen her in almost 3 years. They must have seen something weird though. I'll ask about that while we're at St. V's too. (I'd better make a list!)
On a happier note...Gracie is away at church camp. It's her first time doing anything like this so I hope she doesn't get too homesick. I know she's really going to enjoy it and she was super excited that a spot opened up (4 days before they leave). I wasn't sure if we could send her since its several hundred dollars and daddy's still laid off. God bless my parents! They paid her fee (the church scholarshipped part of it) and sent some spending money too. They sent my nephew last year & wanted to send her but she wasn't ready then. Funny, Z is 4yrs younger but was ready first. I laugh at my sister 'cause Z is a carbon-copy of Gracie. He does spend more time away though since mom & dad are divorced so that came easier for him. Anyway, we got on the camp website and things look so nice...I'm really excited for her. I only went to camp 1 time and it wasn't church camp...it was a girl scout camp. It was nice but I didn't know anyone and definitely could have had a better time. Gracie is going with the youth group and she's become good friends with several of the girls so she's got support from others who've done this before. We talked about it on the way and both feel like there's going to be a big blessing for her there. After all that's why this spot opened up at the last minute and she was the only one who still "needed" to go. God works in unusual ways sometimes but he always gets his point across if we just pay attention.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you all can figure out what is wrong with Boo soon. It's so hard not knowing. That is weird why you couldn't get the sleep tests yourself. You are his parents! Goodluck with Boo's surgery and YAY for Gracie and camp! I hope she has a great time! Sounds like lots of fun! You all are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete