Monday, June 1, 2009

Update-Gracie

It's official-the school is full of idiots (& I don't use that term lightly!) The school counselor called to respond to my questions about biology placement and during the course of conversation we began discussing the aspergers diagnosis. She thought it was just a "probable diagnosis not an actually doctor provided diagnosis". I reminded her again that I have sent 5 copies of this on a doctor's script as well as the doctor's dictation to provide the information they wanted and I'm getting the run a round from Blue River and the school. "She had no idea." Blah, blah, blah....Charlie Brown's teacher is talking again. These people are going to make me NUTS! Now we are going to have another 504 meeting at the beginning of the school year...waste my time again but I'll go. This time if we can't get something better than the general education intervention crud we had I will retain the attorney we talked to. No more messin' around. I'm way past done.
On the upside, Gracie did get in to choir and there was a space for her so it's official on her schedule for 8th grade. She also is in high school algebra and high school biology. We weren't going to put her in biology but she "had" to have it and was to the point of tears so the counselor called and asked what we wanted to do. I had already fought with her to get Gracie into Algebra (they wanted to put her back into pre-algebra which she passed this year). I told her to remind Gracie how much work and effort was needed. I heard her in the background saying she understood and wanted to do it so it's official. My child is crazy too and going to take 2 high school classes in 8th grade. This should be "fun". :\

1 comment:

  1. Go Gracie! I am so glad she has you to fight for her! It is a shame that you have to fight for everything in these kids' life. I am so glad we don't have to deal with that anymore. It was horrible for Gayle until we got to high school where we lucked out and got the most wonderful teacher that fought for Gayle, also!
    One funny thing about high school! Gayle loves music though she can't talk or sing but she keeps time with the music! Well, at the beginning of the 9th grade they charged us for sheet music and music book!!! What were they thinking?!!!

    ReplyDelete