Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekly update...

Once again there's not much to report but in our house that's a good thing!

We have 5 days left of school!! Gracie is excited, Boo doesn't really realize it and probably will miss seeing all his friends but there will be respite and therapies all summer so he's going to stay busy. Daddy is still laid off...boy I'll be glad when it picks up again. :)

Let's see...I don't think I'll break it down by day this time but here's the scoop...

Boo had a little girl (Sara) in his class bring him 2 daffodils to school,

Gracie is trying to be more cooperative and less argumentative (she's 13 in 2 weeks...not seeing that last...hehehe).

Boo turns 5 on Tuesday. Wow! I can't believe it's been 5 years already. :(
He's growing so fast and getting so big now. His blended diet is doing wonders for him though. 'Course real food has a way of doing that. He's so much more verbal and chatty. He's playing more too so I see lots of pluses in putting a few cans in a blender and putting that in his feeding tube. ;)

Gracie is planning her "Luau" birthday party but now she's not sure who she's going to invite since she's got a few more friends this year but our house is still under construction so she's kinda embarrassed about how it looks.
Gracie-I promise we will get it sided & a new roof someday (soon I hope). Unfortunately that got put on hold since we had to live on the tax check this year.

We went to a cook-out at a friends on Sunday. Lots of people I haven't seen in ages were there with their kids. Everyone got along pretty well and Gracie even stayed later to spend some time with the girls who are close in age to her. She wasn't happy to leave since some of the girls were spending the night but she got over it relatively quickly when she got home.

We had a cook-in, yep it was raining, for both kids birthday today with my parents. My sister had to work and his parents didn't feel well so they didn't feel like staying. They did stop and leave a card for Boo (only Boo-don't get me started on the "issues" with Gracie!).

There may be something else but my mind is blank right now. Have a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment